Share This Page On Social Media

Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Nominate A Building


Fire House Engine No. 24 / Hook & Ladder No. 7

  Saved      Watch List  


http://www.preservationready.org/Buildings/110LeroyAvenue?action=download&upname=110LeroyAvenue.jpg
http://www.preservationready.org/Buildings/110LeroyAvenue?action=download&upname=110LeroyAvenueB.jpg
http://www.preservationready.org/Buildings/110LeroyAvenue?action=download&upname=110LeroyAvenueD.jpg
http://www.preservationready.org/Buildings/110LeroyAvenue?action=download&upname=110LeroyAvenueE.jpg
http://www.preservationready.org/Buildings/110LeroyAvenue?action=download&upname=110LeroyAvenueF.jpg
Photo credit: Vintage Buffalo NY via Janice Jezewski/Dale Rossi,Meagan Baco,Chris Hawley,Christina Lincoln,Ron Reinhardt

Location

110 Leroy Avenue, Buffalo NY 14214
Masten Council District
SBL Number: 89.44-7-34
Erie County Property Info
Google Bird's Eye View
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer

Owner

City of Buffalo (Fire Department)

Physical Description

Two-story brick firehouse.

Current Condition

Not in use as a firehouse, but secure and in good condition.

History

  • Engine 24 of the Buffalo Fire Department. Designed by E. B. Green, built in 1894.
  • Wikipedia: "Engine 24 provided 113 years of service to the City of Buffalo, and was closed in early 2006."

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • September 2014: Jim Fink of Business First reports "John Ciminelli, LPCiminelli senior vice president, hopes to do just that [turn the building into his own residence] with the former Engine 24/Ladder 7 firehouse at 110 Leroy Avenue. Ciminelli has the 10,000-square-foot firehouse, which dates back to the 1890s, under contract and will proceed with his proposal pending approval from the Buffalo Planning Board."
  • September 2014: Per Chris Hawley of the City's Planning Department, Ciminelli is planning to renovate the building (see third photo on this page).
  • Ladder No.7 has relocated to Fire House Engine No. 34
  • Painting for Preservation site, May 17, 2014.

Other Pertinent Facts

Links



Newest Pages


Added 2015-01-04 • Last changed 2016-11-29