Share This Page On Social Media

Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Nominate A Building


McBride's / Quinn's Pub

  Lost  



http://farm1.staticflickr.com/90/239984355_14ac39b56c.jpg


McBride's / Quinn's Pub. Photos by Forgotten Buffalo, David Torke fixBuffalo, and Buffalo Rising

Location

115 Chicago Street, Buffalo, NY 14204
Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
SBL: 122.31-3-20
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer

Adjacent to 119 Chicago Street

Owner

KABIR MOHAMMED per propertyviewer
William Crawford was owner when it was demolished

Physical Description

Mid 1800s three story brick tavern and hotel on a corner parcel.

Current Condition

Demolished in 2008 for a vacant lot.

History

  • Built as early as the 1850s
  • Was a German hotel as early as the 1860s
  • By 1913 it was Quinn's Pub
  • Later known as Kitty O'Malley's Pub
  • Finally known as McBride's Pub

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • 2003 - Police detective William Crawford purchases building with plans to move building and reopen the tavern in canal district area
  • Jan 11, 2008 - Building damaged in wind storm. Cited by the city for emergency demolition with a Feb 5th deadline for any repair plan, claiming the owner has failed to correct safety hazards.
    • "If we lose this place, it's going to be a big loss to Buffalo." - Owner cited in USA Today
  • Mach 10, 2008 - Building demolished
  • March 13, 2008 - 50 visitors from Forgotten Buffalo tour stop for a final toast to the historic structure
  • 2011 - Vacant lot bought at tax auction

Other Pertinent Facts

  • The site where the first Buffalo St. Patrickís Day Parade was organized in 1913.
  • Rumored to be the site where the infamous invasion of Canada, Fenianís Raid, was planned in 1866

Links



Newest Pages


Added 2013-05-16 • Last changed 2017-03-13