Share This Page On Social Media

Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Nominate A Building


H. Amthor Grocery Store

  Lost  


http://preservationready.org/Buildings/1187EastDelavan?action=download&upname=1191EastDelavan.jpg
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/1187EastDelavan?action=download&upname=1187EastDelavanNow.jpg
Photo credit: Rebecca McCulley via Vintage Buffalo NY

Location

1187 East Delavan Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14215
SBL: 90.81-1-4
Lovejoy Council District
Google Bird's Eye View
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
The parcel is now 1187 East Delavan, but was 1191 East Delavan for the store

Across from: St. Gerard's Church

Owner

CITY OF BUFFALO per City of Buffalo Property Information

Physical Description

2.5 story wood-framed commercial building on a corner parcel

Current Condition

Demolished. Now the site of a one story Buffalo public library

History

  • Before St. Gerards Church was built, Rev. William J. Schreck established the parish of St. Gerard's and conducted the initial services in the H. Amthor Grocery Store. The store also functioned as the rectory and school.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

Other Pertinent Facts

Links



Newest Pages


Added 2014-02-20 • Last changed 2014-03-14