Share This Page On Social Media

Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Nominate A Building


Corn Exchange / Robertson-Cataract Electric

  Saved  


http://preservationready.org/Buildings/157WestMohawkStreet-Draft?action=download&upname=NiagaraElmwood1964.jpg


http://preservationready.org/Buildings/157WestMohawkStreet?action=download&upname=157WestMohawk2011.jpg
Photo credit: Robert Lackemeyer via Vintage Buffalo NY, Wikipedia, and Mike Puma, ViewsOfBuffalo

Location

157 West Mohawk Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
SBL: 111.45-1-16
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Known as 100 South Elmwood

Across from: City Hall and 75 South Elmwood Avenue

Owner

100 SOUTH ELMWOOD LLC
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database

Physical Description

Four-story, 32,000 sq.ft. brick building.

Current Condition

Restored as a mix of residential and commercial space.

History

  • Built in 1910 as home of Robertson-Cataract Electric
  • The Corn Exchange moved here in 1955.
  • In 1965, the Catholic Diocese purchased the building for offices.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • 2010 - Purchased by 100 South Elmwood LLC for $500,000
  • 2011 - $6.5 million restoration. Carmina Wood Morris, project architect. 1970s windows being removed, 6k retail space on first floor, parking in basement, 26 lofts.

Other Pertinent Facts

Links



Newest Pages


Added 2013-04-30 • Last changed 2015-05-12