1718 Main Street
1718 Main Street. Photos by David Torke fixBuffalo, Mark Paradowski, Buffalo Rising
1718 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14209
Also known as 1716 Main Street
Google Bird's Eye View
Ellicott Council District
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
CANISIUS COLLEGE OF BUFFALO per propertyviewer
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database
A two-story brick building fronting Main that was constructed during the Pan-American Expo period includes 3,210 sq.ft. of commercial space and 4,200 sq.ft. of second floor loft residence. A rear building, two stories and 3,200 sq.ft., was built 30 years later and recently served as an architectural workshop. Buffalo Rising
Restored. Gallery space on first floor, loft space on second floor, workshop space in rear building.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- 2001 - Margaret & Frank Fantauzzi purchased 1716 Main Street and spent several years restoring the property.
- 2007 - Upstairs loft featured on HGTV’s “ReZone” and showcased in Buffalo Spree.
- 2008 - First floor art gallery space opens
- Dec 2008 - Listed for sale for $434,500
- Nov 2009 - Property under contract
- Sept 2010 - New owners plan 'Art & Artifact'-curated gallery
- April 2012 - Canisius College acquires property to operate a first floor gallery and upstairs residence for out-of-state collegiate dignitaries.
Other Pertinent Facts
- Buffalo Rising January 2007 - Maximizing Main Street
- fixBuffalo January 2007 - Main Street in the Springs!
- fixBuffalo December 2008 - Main Street Loft - For Sale, again!
- Buffalo Rising November 2009 - Sign Of The Times
- Buffalo Rising September 2010 - Art & Artifact Brings 'The Golden Age' to Main Street
- Buffalo Rising October 2010 - Leadership Worth Its Weight In Gold
- Buffalo Rising April 2012 - Canisius College Acquires Building On Main Street
■ S. Coplon and Son - Paints, Oils, and Glass
■ 1736-1748 Hertel Avenue
■ St. Stephen's Hall
■ St. Joseph's Old Cathedral
■ Henry Street
■ 23 West Avenue
■ 370 Amherst Street
■ 393 Hampshire Street
■ 56 Wood Avenue
■ 980 Ellicott Street
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ 711 Walden Avenue
■ 311 South Park Avenue
■ Karle Saw Co.
■ Howard Iron Works
■ 115 Lafayette Avenue
■ 135 School Street
■ 68 & 72 Sycamore Street
■ 301 Cedar Street
■ J.N. Adam Memorial Hospital
■ 1212 Jefferson Avenue
■ 1200 Jefferson Avenue
Added 2013-05-08 • Last changed 2014-05-16