Share This Page On Social Media

Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Nominate A Building


Fairmont Creamery

  Saved  



Fairmont Creamery
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/199ScottStreet?action=download&upname=FairmontEastAfter.jpg
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/199ScottStreet?action=download&upname=FairmontSouthBefore.jpg
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/199ScottStreet?action=download&upname=FairmontSouthAfter.jpg
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/199ScottStreet?action=download&upname=FairmontWestBefore.jpg
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/199ScottStreet?action=download&upname=FairmontWestAfter.jpg

Grand opening, 1926
Photo: P-RS, Chris Schmidt, Buffalo Rising

Location

199 Scott Street Buffalo, NY 14204
Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
SBL: 122.23-1-2
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Cobblestone District

Next to: 85 East Market Street, Buffalo XRay Co., Lofts @ Elk Terminal
Across from: 206 Scott Street

Owner

5277 GROUP LLC per propertyviewer
Ellicott Development, Carl Paladino, has owned the property since 2001.
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database.

Carl and William Paladino's company, Ellicott Development, or corporations it controls: (Ellicott Group LLC, Pearl Group LLC, Huron Group Inc, Tupper Group Inc, Deltup LLC, Del-Al LLC, 84 Group, 1238 Group, 1239 Group, 4858 Group, 5277 Group, 9274 Group, etc.), owns these buildings or parcels of preservation concern (not a complete list):

You can also view this list at Ellicott's category page.

Physical Description

120,000 sq.ft. eight story building

Current Condition

  • 2014 - Renovation work nears completion. Of note, large banks of windows were added to previously blank walls. Of concern is an upper corner of brick removed for mismatching facade and window treatment.

History

  • Former cold storage facility built in 1920 for the Fairmont Cremery Co..
  • Also formerly used by Rich Products until they vacated the structure in the '90s.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • mid 1990s - Start of vacancy that lasted until 2014
  • 1996 - A fire damaged upper floors of the structure
  • 2001 - Purchased by Carl Paladino, Ellicott Development
  • 2007 - Gutted for future redevelopment. It has been a controversial location due to its use as Paladino's ranting billboard seen from the thruway, and because it was left open to the elements for years.
  • 2009 - "We have plans for offices, apartments and potentially hotel rooms in the building," says Paladino. "It's been on hold since work on the casino stopped." Buffalo Rising
  • 2013 - "AP Architects call for a restaurant, banquet room and offices for the building's lower floors topped by 20 market rate apartments...Work on the building is expected in late June."Buffalo Rising
  • Sept 2013 - Work begins on a $14.6 million mixed-use renovation project, including a new roof, windows and interior
  • August 2014 - The controversial ranting billboard was removed, with plans to add additional windows on the side it previously covered.

Other Pertinent Facts

Links



Newest Pages


Added 2013-10-07 • Last changed 2016-10-26