Share This Page On Social Media

Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Nominate A Building


Warehouse Lofts / Seneca Paper Company

  Saved  


http://preservationready.org/Buildings/WarehouseLofts?action=download&upname=WarehouseLoftsBefore.jpg
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/210EllicottStreet-Draft?action=download&upname=WarehouseLofts.jpg
http://preservationready.org/Buildings/210EllicottStreet-Draft?action=download&upname=210EllicottBeforeAfter.jpg
Photos courtesy: Buffalo Rising

Location

210 Ellicott Street Buffalo, NY 14203
Google Bird's Eye View
Ellicott Council District
SBL: 111.54-4-2
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Listed as 206 Ellicott on propertyviewer

Next to: Hotel Lafayette and AM&As Warehouse
Across from: R. Oven's Bakery

Owner

Jake Schneider, Dave Resetarits and Tom Kiener, under the name The Warehouse Lofts, LLC
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database

Physical Description

Seven-story 65,000 sq.ft. building.

Current Condition

Renovated and operating as loft space.

History

Built in 1913 for the Seneca Paper Company. Once slated for demolition.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • 2007 - Renovated by the Schneider Design Group in a $7.5 million project
  • 2013 - "Since the developers utilized Historic Tax Credits (HTC) to help offset the cost of rehabilitation, the building could not be utilized for condominiums until the five-year recapture period had ended. The conversion to condos would likely be happening next year at the earliest, but is dependent on the approval of the state attorney general." - Mike Puma
  • November 2014 - Schneider Development is moving forward with condo conversion for the building’s 30 units, starting at $215,000.
  • April 2016 - 21 of 30 units sold in less than a year, out-pacing a 3 year estimate by Schneider Development. Buffalo Rising

Other Pertinent Facts

One of the first concrete frame warehouse buildings in the US (courtesy Buffalo Rising)

Links



Newest Pages


Added 2013-01-09 • Last changed 2016-10-28