Haglund / Arcade Building (Jamestown)
|At Risk||High Risk|
4 story 38,500 sq.ft. Romanesque Revival brick commercial building which curves with the nearby railroad tracks. The interior is a true arcade style
Abandoned but secure. Much of the original interior and exterior detail remains.
The adjacent building 24 North Main Street was originally part of the Arcade, before fire damaged its upper floors and it became its own parcel.
- 1890 - Listed as build year on county website
- 1896 - Fire destroyed previous buildings on site
- 1898 - Actual build year for the Arcade
- 1927/1928 - Heavily damaged by fire. A pedimented ornament was removed from the roof.
- 1950s - Another fire, this one costing 2 floors of the southern portion, now known as 24 North Main Street
- Occupants have included physicians, dry goods dealers, jewelers, private clubs, theaters, offices, a dance studio, and other commercial uses.
- Cornell and Reins' Home Furnishings
- Hayes Printing Co.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- December 21, 2005 - Deed indicates a sale between the Arts Council for Chautaqua and Donna Morse for $25,000
- November 14, 2008 - Deed indicates that DDM Educational Center took over as owner of the building, with sale price listed as $0
- 2014 - Listed in the National Register of Historic Places
Other Pertinent Facts
- Part of the Downtown Jamestown Historic District
- Listed in the National Register of Historic Places (Jamestown doesn't have local landmarks).
- Located on the site of Jamestown’s first grist mill
- Via the NR Nomination:
- DDM Educational Center has 2 address listed on the property viewer - 312 Park St. Jamestown NY 14701 and 3 N. Erie St. Mayville NY 14757
- Total delinquent taxes as of Jan 2017: $48,428.56
■ 393 Hampshire Street
■ 56 Wood Avenue
■ 980 Ellicott Street
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ 711 Walden Avenue
■ 311 South Park Avenue
■ Karle Saw Co.
■ Howard Iron Works
■ 115 Lafayette Avenue
■ 135 School Street
■ 68 & 72 Sycamore Street
■ 301 Cedar Street
■ J.N. Adam Memorial Hospital
■ 1212 Jefferson Avenue
■ 1200 Jefferson Avenue
■ 2040 Delaware Avenue
■ 24 North Main Street
■ Haglund / Arcade Building
■ Murray / Stearns Building
■ Frank's Casa Nova Restaurant
■ 298 Northland Avenue
■ 1491 Jefferson Avenue
Added 2017-01-26 • Last changed 2017-01-27