500 Franklin Street
500 Franklin Street, Buffalo NY 14202
Fillmore Council District
In the Allentown local historic district.
SBL Number: 100.78-8-9
Erie County Property Info
Google Bird's Eye View
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Franklin 500 LLC - Matt Moscati of TRM Architecture.
One story cinderblock and two story brick commercial sections grafted onto an 1850s brick residential structure.
Front portion demolished, rear house remains.
- 1855-1858 - Brick house constructed by malt house owner Joseph D. Roberts
- 1860 - 2 1/2 story flat roof brick section likely added as part of one of Buffalo's oldest breweries, with a larger complex situated at corner of Allen and Franklin.
- 1950 - One story cinder-block storefront addition built for Ziegler Pharmaceutical Company
- Was at one time the offices of Artvoice.
- From Martin Wachadlo: "Commercial. c.1860. Brick. 2Ĺ-story flat roof, 3-bay. Gable roof removed from front section, intact on rear section. Storefront addition. c.1950. Concrete block. 1-story, flat roof."
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- Fire in front portion of building while occupied by Mundo Images
- 2011 - Acquired by Matt Moscati of TRM Architecture
- June 12, 2014 - Demolition requested
- October 2014 - 1950s storefront and 1860s 2 story building demolished. Older attached house remains.
- November 2014 - Buffalo Rising: Architect Matt Moscatiís (TRM Architect) Franklin 500 LLC is proposing a 15-unit apartment, three-story apartment building which will include 14 studio apartments ranging from 539 to 591 sf and one, two-level, two-bedroom apartment at the front of the building overlooking Franklin Street with 1,394 sf of space. A lobby and an entrance to the enclosed thirteen car parking area will occupy the ground floor along Franklin.
Other Pertinent Facts
- Buffalo Rising, October 2014 - 500 Franklin Leaves Opportunity in its Wake
- Buffalo Rising, November 2014 - 500 Franklin Shows Its Face
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ 711 Walden Avenue
■ 311 South Park Avenue
■ Karle Saw Co.
■ Howard Iron Works
■ 115 Lafayette Avenue
■ 135 School Street
■ 68 & 72 Sycamore Street
■ 301 Cedar Street
■ J.N. Adam Memorial Hospital
■ 1212 Jefferson Avenue
■ 1200 Jefferson Avenue
■ 2040 Delaware Avenue
■ 24 North Main Street
■ Haglund / Arcade Building
■ Murray / Stearns Building
■ Frank's Casa Nova Restaurant
■ 298 Northland Avenue
■ 1491 Jefferson Avenue
■ 33 Brunswick Boulevard
■ Keystone Corporation Metal Shop
■ Keystone Corporation Headquarters
■ Bemis / Ransom House
Added 2014-07-03 • Last changed 2014-11-14