500 Franklin Street
500 Franklin Street, Buffalo NY 14202
Fillmore Council District
In the Allentown local historic district.
SBL Number: 100.78-8-9
Erie County Property Info
Google Bird's Eye View
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Franklin 500 LLC - Matt Moscati of TRM Architecture.
One story cinderblock and two story brick commercial sections grafted onto an 1850s brick residential structure.
Front portion demolished, rear house remains.
- 1855-1858 - Brick house constructed by malt house owner Joseph D. Roberts
- 1860 - 2 1/2 story flat roof brick section likely added as part of one of Buffalo's oldest breweries, with a larger complex situated at corner of Allen and Franklin.
- 1950 - One story cinder-block storefront addition built for Ziegler Pharmaceutical Company
- Was at one time the offices of Artvoice.
- From Martin Wachadlo: "Commercial. c.1860. Brick. 2Ĺ-story flat roof, 3-bay. Gable roof removed from front section, intact on rear section. Storefront addition. c.1950. Concrete block. 1-story, flat roof."
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- Fire in front portion of building while occupied by Mundo Images
- 2011 - Acquired by Matt Moscati of TRM Architecture
- June 12, 2014 - Demolition requested
- October 2014 - 1950s storefront and 1860s 2 story building demolished. Older attached house remains.
- November 2014 - Buffalo Rising: Architect Matt Moscatiís (TRM Architect) Franklin 500 LLC is proposing a 15-unit apartment, three-story apartment building which will include 14 studio apartments ranging from 539 to 591 sf and one, two-level, two-bedroom apartment at the front of the building overlooking Franklin Street with 1,394 sf of space. A lobby and an entrance to the enclosed thirteen car parking area will occupy the ground floor along Franklin.
Other Pertinent Facts
- Buffalo Rising, October 2014 - 500 Franklin Leaves Opportunity in its Wake
- Buffalo Rising, November 2014 - 500 Franklin Shows Its Face
■ Sacred Heart School
■ Sacred Heart Convent
■ Sacred Heart Rectory
■ Electric City Box Company
■ 2074 Seneca Street
■ 410 Main Street
■ 614 Walden Avenue
■ 616 Walden Avenue
■ 618 Walden Avenue
■ 700 Walden Avenue
■ Martucci Pizzeria Building
■ S. Coplon and Son - Paints, Oils, and Glass
■ 1736-1748 Hertel Avenue
■ St. Stephen's Hall
■ St. Joseph's Old Cathedral
■ Henry Street
■ 23 West Avenue
■ 370 Amherst Street
■ 393 Hampshire Street
■ 56 Wood Avenue
■ 980 Ellicott Street
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
Added 2014-07-03 • Last changed 2014-11-14