Loew’s Theatre Warehouse / The Alexandre
|At Risk||Watch List|
Alexandre Apartments LLC as of May 2014
510 WASHINGTON STREET LLC C/O JOHN BARRY per City of Buffalo Property Information
Search NYS Corporation Database for Alexandre Apartments LLC
7 story, 19,500 sq.ft. reinforced concrete building.
Appears unused and in need of restoration - 2014 plans call for a residential conversion.
- Designed by architect Thomas Lamb and built in 1920.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- May 1, 2014 - Mark and/or Amy Judd purchased the building from John Barry as Alexandre Apartments LLC for $340,000. Plans call for a residential conversion utilizing historic preservation tax credits.
- June 2014 - A renovation project scheduled to begin in Fall 2014 would divide the building into 12 loft apartments as well as commercial space on the first floor. The owner plans to 'preserve the historic qualities of the property, while using cutting-edge clean technologies to power and service the 94-year old building', including use of solar panels, and will seek LEED certification. Buffalo Rising
- April 2015 - 'The residential-based development is on the short listed finalists for this year’s allocation under the Buffalo Building ReUse Program. The final determination will be made later this spring.' James Fink, Business First
- May 2015 - 'Under the Building ReUse Project proposal, Amy Judd would receive $750,000 in gap financing for her Alexandre Apartments at 510 Washington St. The $3.9 million project would transform the vacant seven-story former Loew’s Theatre Warehouse into 13 market-rate apartments, while adding a new eighth floor and roof with a penthouse-style apartment.' Buffalo News
- January 11, 2016 - Buffalo Planning Board approves renovation project.
- May 2016 - The project received a $50,000 grant from 'the New York Main Street Program grant administered by Buffalo Place.' 'Occupancy is expected in spring 2017.' Buffalo Rising
- Jim Fink, October 17, 2016: "One of the key pre-construction hurdles facing developer Amy Judd from Alexandre Apartments LLC, is securing tax breaks from the Erie County Industrial Development Agency for her proposed $4.7 million downtown Buffalo project. Judd is seeking sales and mortgage recording tax breaks. The IDA has set an Oct. 24 public hearing on Judd’s request and the agency’s full board is expected to vote on the proposal during its November meeting."
Other Pertinent Facts
- Located in the 500 Block local historic preservation district
- BuffaloAH - Local Historic Preservation District 500 Block Main
- Preservation Board - 500 Block Map
- Buffalo Rising, May 2014 - Big Deal: 510 Washington Sold; Residential Planned
- Buffalo News, June 3, 2014 - Seven-story downtown Buffalo building to become housing
- Buffalo Rising, June 2014 - Dozen Apartments Planned for 510 Washington Street
- Business First, April 2015 - Three Buffalo re-use projects considered for grants
- Buffalo News, May 2015 - Three downtown Buffalo apartment projects seek gap financing
- Buffalo Rising, August 2015 - Out to Bid: The Alexandre
- Buffalo News, January 2016 - Planning board approves 2 apartment projects, parking lot expansion in Buffalo
- Buffalo Rising, May 2016 - The Alexandre Loft Project Gets Funding Boost
- Buffalo Business First, October 2016 - Tax Breaks Sought for Alexandre Apartment Project
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ 711 Walden Avenue
■ 311 South Park Avenue
■ Karle Saw Co.
■ Howard Iron Works
■ 115 Lafayette Avenue
■ 135 School Street
■ 68 & 72 Sycamore Street
■ 301 Cedar Street
■ J.N. Adam Memorial Hospital
■ 1212 Jefferson Avenue
■ 1200 Jefferson Avenue
■ 2040 Delaware Avenue
■ 24 North Main Street
■ Haglund / Arcade Building
■ Murray / Stearns Building
■ Frank's Casa Nova Restaurant
■ 298 Northland Avenue
■ 1491 Jefferson Avenue
■ 33 Brunswick Boulevard
■ Keystone Corporation Metal Shop
■ Keystone Corporation Headquarters
Added 2013-09-04 • Last changed 2016-10-17