520 Ellicott Street
Buffalo High Technology Centre Inc.
Uniland Development Co.
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database
Two story brick commercial building
In use but in need of restoration. Storefront has been bricked up, upper windows have been filled in, and the brick has been painted.
Part of a complex of buildings that had been used recently by Frey the Wheelman
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- July 2014 - Buffalo High Technology Centre Inc. spent $300,000 to purchase and "hold for future development":
- 520 Ellicott Street - Two story brick building
- 522 Ellicott Street - One story brick building
- 525 Ellicott Street - Surface parking lot on a corner parcel
- 41-53 East Tupper Street - Recessed one story cinderblock building with parking frontage on a corner parcel
- 693 Washington Street - Recessed one story garage with parking, that is behind 520/522 Ellicott
- 505 Ellicott Street was purchased by Uniland President Carl Montante for $1 million. The concrete block warehouse facility at 505 Ellicott Street would be remodeled and expanded to create office space attractive to firms in the tech, creative, or medical industries.
- December 2014 - "Tentative concepts now call for the one-story warehouse at 509 Ellicott to be revamped into a two-story mixed-use building of up to 36,000 square feet, with some blend of office, retail or residential space. Meanwhile, the remaining four existing buildings, which housed Frey the Wheelman’s retail business, would be demolished, with the site redeveloped into a three-story, 21,000-square-foot office building." Buffalo News
- January 2015 - Uniland proposes demolishing 520 Ellicott Street for surface parking as part of a three story development on the parcel next door.
- June 2015 - Demolished for a surface parking lot
Other Pertinent Facts
- Buffalo Rising, July 2014 - Big Deal: Uniland Purchases Frey Properties
- Buffalo News, December 2014 - Uniland Development reassesses plans for the Frey the Wheelman property
- Buffalo Rising, January 2015 - Uniland Planning Three-Story Building at Ellicott and E. Tupper Streets
■ 393 Hampshire Street
■ 56 Wood Avenue
■ 980 Ellicott Street
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ 711 Walden Avenue
■ 311 South Park Avenue
■ Karle Saw Co.
■ Howard Iron Works
■ 115 Lafayette Avenue
■ 135 School Street
■ 68 & 72 Sycamore Street
■ 301 Cedar Street
■ J.N. Adam Memorial Hospital
■ 1212 Jefferson Avenue
■ 1200 Jefferson Avenue
■ 2040 Delaware Avenue
■ 24 North Main Street
■ Haglund / Arcade Building
■ Murray / Stearns Building
■ Frank's Casa Nova Restaurant
■ 298 Northland Avenue
■ 1491 Jefferson Avenue
Added 2014-07-15 • Last changed 2015-10-02