587 Potomac Avenue
|At Risk||High Risk|
587 Potomac Avenue, Buffalo NY 14222
- Part of the at-risk Elmwood/Potomac buildings
- Long, Lat: 42.924143, -78.877546
- SBL Number: 89.69-4-18
- Erie County Property Info
- Google Map
- Bing Bird's Eye View
- Delaware Council District
- Formerly Donald J. and Lori Leone; possibly Garibaldi LLC
- Sold by the Leones to Ciminelli Real Estate Corporation, October 2016.
- Two-story commercial red brick building with ornate brickwork and large display windows on first floor.
- Unusual entrance to basement and first floor levels, stepping up and down half a story, from the front of the building.
- Long used as a skateboard shop. Now empty after skateboard business moved to Grant Street.
- Built 1903; designed by Ulysses G. Orr.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- Long-time tenant Sunday Skateshop said on Facebook 12/30/2015: "Due to proposed redevelopment of our block and upcoming demolition of our building we will be moving to a new location. We will remain open at our current location throughout the holiday season into the new year and reopen in our new home at 212 Grant Street next to @sweetness7cafe in March 2016."
- Rumored to be demolished in the near future for a proposed development project involving the buildings and parcels on and near Elmwood between Potomac and Bidwell Parkway.
- October 27, 2016 - Ciminelli Real Estate Corp. has decided to save and rehabilitate, rather than demolish.
Other Pertinent Facts
- Buffalo News, 10-27-2016: Ciminelli to restore former Sunday Skateshop building as part of bigger project
■ S. Coplon and Son - Paints, Oils, and Glass
■ 1736-1748 Hertel Avenue
■ St. Stephen's Hall
■ St. Joseph's Old Cathedral
■ Henry Street
■ 23 West Avenue
■ 370 Amherst Street
■ 393 Hampshire Street
■ 56 Wood Avenue
■ 980 Ellicott Street
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ 711 Walden Avenue
■ 311 South Park Avenue
■ Karle Saw Co.
■ Howard Iron Works
■ 115 Lafayette Avenue
■ 135 School Street
■ 68 & 72 Sycamore Street
■ 301 Cedar Street
■ J.N. Adam Memorial Hospital
■ 1212 Jefferson Avenue
■ 1200 Jefferson Avenue
Added 2015-12-30 • Last changed 2016-10-27