Polish Co-Op Savings & Loan
|Saved||At Risk||Watch List|
June 2017, mural complete
Photo credit: 1990 Mark Kohan, 2012 Mike Puma, ViewsOfBuffalo, Tony James
617 Fillmore Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14212
- Google Bird's Eye View
- Fillmore Council District
- SBL: 111.44-4-30
- Erie County Property Info
- County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
- City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
- Across from: Bilski Hardware and Adam Mickiewicz Library
- Robert Sienkiewicz.
- Two story Neo-Classical, brick and stone building
- Occupied and being preserved and restored by owner Bob Sienkiewicz. Facade and windows have had various changes made from original.
- 1925 - Built for the offices of the Polish Co-Operative Savings and Loan.
- Designed by Wladyslaw H. Zawadzki.
- Served as a branch of the Buffalo Public Library.
- Served as the Polish Army Veterans Association of America Post #1.
- First floor still functions as the Polish Veterans' meeting room and museum.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- May 2018 - 'Work begins on a mural designed by Polish born artist Otecki' and is a 'part of the latest public art installation effort by the Albright-Knox.' Buffalo Rising
- June 2018 - mural complete, see photos at right.
Other Pertinent Facts
- Prolific Polish-American architect Władysław H. Zawadzki contributed the following buildings to the East Side's Polonia neighborhood, centered around Broadway and Fillmore: Broadway Bakery, Polonia Hotel, Dom Polski Building, Al Cohens Bakery, Polish Singing Circle, Lipowicz Grocery, Polish Co-Op Savings & Loan, Club Romway, Schreiber Brewing Company, Unia Polska, Transfiguration School, Transfiguration Rectory, Burczynski Bakery. More information here.
- BuffaloAH - Broadway-Fillmore Neighborhood ANNOTATED LIST OF PROPERTIES
- Broadway Filmore Alive - Finding Zawadzki
- Buffalo Rising, May 2018 - New AK-Otecki Mural Springs to Life at 617 Fillmore Avenue
■ Elevator Capacity And Cost
■ 270 William Street
■ 1865 Genesee Street
■ 1865 Genesee Street
■ Adam's Door Company
■ Stephen W. Howell House and Store
■ Sinclair Gas Station
■ 1349 East Ferry Street
■ 1345 East Ferry Street
■ 1343 East Ferry Street
■ Silo City
■ Perot Malting Elevator
■ Superior Elevator
■ Meyer Malting Elevator
■ Lake & Rail Elevator
■ Kreiner Malting Mill and Elevator
■ Marine A Elevator
■ Eastern States Elevator
■ Wheeler/GLF/Agway Elevator
■ American Elevator
■ Spencer Kellogg Elevator
■ Connecting Terminal Elevator
■ Washburn-Crosby/General Mills Elevator
■ Standard Elevator
■ Buffalo's Grain Elevators
■ Electric Elevator
■ 149 Fargo Avenue
■ 908 East Delavan Avenue
■ Westminster Community House
■ 389 Cornwall Avenue
Added 2013-07-19 • Last changed 2018-06-09