Martucci Pizzeria Building
|At Risk||Watch List|
625 Walden Avenue, Buffalo NY 14211
Also known as 631 Walden Avenue
Google Bird's Eye View
Lovejoy Council District
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
2 story commercial building (somewhere between 12-16,000 sq.ft.) on the SW corner of Walden and Brinkman.
2-3 first floor storefronts and 5 apartments on the second floor, plus a full basement.
- Built in either 1905 or 1910
- 1930s - Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company store location
- 1940s - Location of 'Andy's Lunch' counter
- The larger of two storefronts was also an appliance store at one point
- 1950s-2000 - Location of one of Buffalo's most famous original pizzerias, Martucci's. Joseph and Judith Martucci ran the business until it closed in 2000.
- 'Joseph's father was one of the original pizza chefs in the social club that gave Bocce Club its name, and had been running a pizza shop founded in the 1920s on Swan Street.' Buffalo News
- Mid-2000s - Nail Club nail salon operated in the former pizzeria storefront for many years
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- 2008 - Loopnet listing: 'Historical tin ceilings, updated roof in last 5 years and new hot water tanks for all units. Parking lot in the rear. New Certificate of Occupancy obtained 2008.'
- December 2016 - Ownership changed from AMANO REAL ESTATE LLC to DIGANTO PROPERTIES CORP
Other Pertinent Facts
- Joseph Martucci was once a record-setting MUNY League pitcher scouted by the Brooklyn Dodgers, before an injury derailed his pitching career. Buffalo News
He was a three sport star at Burgard High School, and also led his MUNY League basketball team to a league title in 1955.
- Buffalo News, October 2008 - Judith and Joseph Martucci 50th wedding anniversary
- Buffalo News, June 2017 - Joseph F. Martucci Sr., 83, owned much-praised pizzeria
■ Sacred Heart School
■ Sacred Heart Convent
■ Sacred Heart Rectory
■ Electric City Box Company
■ 2074 Seneca Street
■ 410 Main Street
■ 614 Walden Avenue
■ 616 Walden Avenue
■ 618 Walden Avenue
■ 700 Walden Avenue
■ Martucci Pizzeria Building
■ S. Coplon and Son - Paints, Oils, and Glass
■ 1736-1748 Hertel Avenue
■ St. Stephen's Hall
■ St. Joseph's Old Cathedral
■ Henry Street
■ 23 West Avenue
■ 370 Amherst Street
■ 393 Hampshire Street
■ 56 Wood Avenue
■ 980 Ellicott Street
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
Added 2017-06-16 • Last changed 2017-06-20