647 Lafayette Avenue
647 Lafayette Avenue, Buffalo NY 14222
- Lat, Long: 42.92008, -78.87429
- SBL Number: 100.22-1-59
- Erie County Property Info
- Google Map
- Bing Bird's Eye View
- Delaware Council District
- Brian and Gia Manley
- 2.5 story wood frame house
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- January 2016 - Brian and Gia Manley purchased the house.
- 2016 - Owners have stated their intention to demolish the building and build a new home on the site. Realty photos show the home to be in good condition, despite owners' claims.
- August 2016 - Salvage of interior materials underway.
- August 2016 - Owners have applied for a demolition permit and architect John Wingfelder will appear at the Preservation Board hearing.
- September 1, 2016 - Preservation Board votes against demolition of the building, but their ruling is only an advisory action.
- September 12, 2016 - Architect Wingfelder presented his plans for the new-build to the Planning Board.
- October 5, 2016 - Demolition staging equipment is on site.
- October 7, 2016 - DEMOLISHED.
- 2017 - New-build going up.
Other Pertinent Facts
- This building is a contributing structure to the Elmwood East historic district. Under current rules, this is not enough to enable a demolition to be blocked. Only a specific local landmark designation for the building or the creation of a local historic preservation district can do that.
- The demolition was done by Regional Environmental Demolition.
- Interior salvage of reusable building parts was done by ReUse Action.
- Buffalo Rising, 9-7-2016 - At Risk: 647 Lafayette
- Buffalo News, 9-12-2016 - Plan to demolish, rebuild Elmwood Village home runs into firestorm of opposition
■ 950 Fillmore Avenue
■ 451 East Utica Street
■ Welch Foods Building, Westfield
■ 2224 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2223 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2219 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2221 Fillmore Avenue
■ 146 Jewett Avenue
■ 155 Grote Street
■ Locust Street Art
■ Schenck House
■ 44 East Eagle Street
■ 531 West Ferry Street
■ 1820 Elmwood Avenue
■ 123 West Tupper Street
■ American Buffalo Robe Company / Marcon Erectors
■ Smither and Thurstone Building
■ 157 Philadelphia Street
■ 177 Herkimer Street
■ 289 Northland Avenue
■ 15 Auchinvole Avenue
■ 126 Hawley Street
■ 550 Grant Street
■ 40 Barry Place
■ 101 Amherst Street
■ 475 Grider Street
■ 486 Franklin Street
■ 29 Tillinghast Place
■ Amherst Motor Sales / Amherst Fence
■ Saints Peter and Paul Greek Catholic Russian Orthodox Church
Added 2016-08-30 • Last changed 2017-05-01