647 Lafayette Avenue
647 Lafayette Avenue, Buffalo NY 14222
- Lat, Long: 42.92008, -78.87429
- SBL Number: 100.22-1-59
- Erie County Property Info
- Google Map
- Bing Bird's Eye View
- Delaware Council District
- Brian and Gia Manley
Owner during demolition: Brian and Gia Manley
- 2.5 story wood frame house
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- January 2016 - Brian and Gia Manley purchased the house.
- 2016 - Owners have stated their intention to demolish the building and build a new home on the site. Realty photos show the home to be in good condition, despite owners' claims.
- August 2016 - Salvage of interior materials underway.
- August 2016 - Owners have applied for a demolition permit and architect John Wingfelder will appear at the Preservation Board hearing.
- September 1, 2016 - Preservation Board votes against demolition of the building, but their ruling is only an advisory action.
- September 12, 2016 - Architect Wingfelder presented his plans for the new-build to the Planning Board.
- October 5, 2016 - Demolition staging equipment is on site.
- October 7, 2016 - DEMOLISHED.
Other Pertinent Facts
- This building is a contributing structure to the Elmwood East historic district. Under current rules, this is not enough to enable a demolition to be blocked. Only a specific local landmark designation for the building or the creation of a local historic preservation district can do that.
- The demolition was done by Regional Environmental Demolition.
- Interior salvage of reusable building parts was done by ReUse Action.
- Buffalo Rising, 9-7-2016 - At Risk: 647 Lafayette
- Buffalo News, 9-12-2016 - Plan to demolish, rebuild Elmwood Village home runs into firestorm of opposition
■ 393 Hampshire Street
■ 56 Wood Avenue
■ 980 Ellicott Street
■ 921 East Delavan Avenue
■ 39 Milnor Street
■ 1367 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1370 Fillmore Avenue
■ 1360 Niagara Street National Register Nomination
■ Fire House Engine No. 7 Chemical No. 1
■ 101 Depew Avenue
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ L. & I. J. White Co.
■ 711 Walden Avenue
■ 311 South Park Avenue
■ Karle Saw Co.
■ Howard Iron Works
■ 115 Lafayette Avenue
■ 135 School Street
■ 68 & 72 Sycamore Street
■ 301 Cedar Street
■ J.N. Adam Memorial Hospital
■ 1212 Jefferson Avenue
■ 1200 Jefferson Avenue
■ 2040 Delaware Avenue
■ 24 North Main Street
■ Haglund / Arcade Building
■ Murray / Stearns Building
■ Frank's Casa Nova Restaurant
■ 298 Northland Avenue
■ 1491 Jefferson Avenue
Added 2016-08-30 • Last changed 2016-10-10