Broadway Brewing Company
815 Broadway Street Buffalo, NY 14212
Parcel is now divided as 795 and 797 Broadway Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
On the south side of Broadway between Shumway and Smith.
Across from: S. Coplon and Son
797 Broadway - ABDELLATIF TAHER per propertyviewer
- Multistory brewing and malting complex
- Constructed as a fireproof combination of brick, stone and iron.
Demolished, possibly in the 1960s (unconfirmed). Now a block-long empty lot with a small suburban-style building in the back corner.
- 1852 - Broadway Brewing Company established
- 1880 - Julius Binz becomes owner, remodels building, and adds malting company
Recent Events and Actions Taken
Other Pertinent Facts
- Described by The Buffalo News in 1908 as "both an architectural and industrial credit to the city."
- The refrigeration units had a capacity of "one hundred tons." Annual company output was given as "two to three hundred thousand bushels"
Added 2013-04-03 • Last changed 2017-05-25