90 Pearl Street Buffalo, NY 14202
Also known as 92 Pearl Street
Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Rocco Termini, Signature Development
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database
5 story 50,000 sq.ft. Richardsonian Romanesque commercial building. The facade is red brick with Medina sandstone trim.
Fully restored into apartments and then into a hotel
- Built in 1888 by Jewett M. Richmond
- Interior floors had collapsed prior to most recent renovation, demonstrating that a building is almost never 'too far gone'
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- 1993 - Purchased by Ellicott Development
- 1997 - Carl Paladino and Ellicott Development sought to demolish the building
- "The (Preservation) Board rejected the demolition plan despite Paladino's plea that it could not be saved." Buffalo Rising
- 2006 - Rocco Termini and Signature Development purchase the Webb building for restoration into apartments
- 2007 - $9.2 million restoration designed by architects Carmina Wood Morris
- 2012 - Apartments converted into a boutique hotel
Other Pertinent Facts
- Part of the Joseph Ellicott Historic Preservation District
- Pearl @ The Webb website
- BuffaloAH - 90 Pearl, Preservation Application
- NYS Parks - Preservation Works in NYS - Webb Lofts
- BuffaloAH - Joseph Ellicott Historic Preservation District
- Buffalo Rising, October 2005 - Who’d Let This Treasure Sit Vacant for 12 Years?
- Buffalo Rising, January 2006 - Webb Building Rescue?
- Buffalo Rising, May 2008 - Webb Wins Preservation Award For Termini
- Buffalo Rising, August 2012 - Boutique Hotel opening in Webb Building
Added 2013-01-08 • Last changed 2017-03-29