Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Rectory and School
|Lost||At Risk||High Risk||Demolition By Neglect|
Rectory is red brick building on left, part of the school is on the right
Rectory demolished, 7/2/2014
School, demolished 7/17/2014
St. Paul Mall, demolished
Photo credit: David Torke, FixBuffalo; Buffalo Rising; George Apfel; Christine Slocum
- Our Lady of Lourdes Church (existing)
- Our Lady of Lourdes Rectory and School (school demolished 7/17/2014, rectory demolished 7/2/2014)
- Saint Paul Mall (demolished).
Go to the three pages above for details.
9274 Group Inc., Ellicott Development. See below for Ellicott Development property listing.
Medina sandstone Roman Catholic church, two story brick rectory and three story brick school.
- July 2, 2014 - Rectory demolished.
- July 17, 2014 - School demolished.
- May 2016 - Saint Paul Mall, demolition complete.
- Church remains abandoned, vacant, boarded.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- Christina Lincoln, PBN, 7/2/2014: Just got off the phone with Tom Fox from Ellicott Development: "We have received some questions from concerned residents about the fate of Our Lady of Lourdes on Main Street at Old Best. The rectory and the school will be demolished at some point in the next couple of weeks. The church will be incorporated as part of a larger mixed use development."
- George Apfel's parish history page
- Buffalo Rising, September 2010 - Maddening Demo on Main Street
- Buffalo Rising, May 2014 - Our Lady of Lourdes Project Requires Rectory and School Demo
- Buffalo Rising, July 2014 - Down They Go: Two Lourdes Buildings Being Demolished
Carl and William Paladino's company, Ellicott Development, or corporations it controls: (Ellicott Group LLC, Pearl Group LLC, Huron Group Inc, Tupper Group Inc, Deltup LLC, Del-Al LLC, 84 Group, 1238 Group, 1239 Group, 4858 Group, 5277 Group, 9274 Group, etc.), owns these buildings or parcels of preservation concern (not a complete list):
Saint Paul Mall, 61 Edna Place, Crosby Building, 514 South Park Avenue, 1050 Niagara Street, 1076 Genesee Street, 1173 East Lovejoy Street, 1175 East Lovejoy Street, 1179 East Lovejoy Street, 172 Franklin Street, 176 Franklin Street, 189 Saint James Place, 206 Ontario Street, Deck Bros. Building, 262 Ohio Street, Karle Saw Co., 809 Tonawanda Street, 85 East Market Street, Bakerís Shoes Building, The Bellesara / Allentown Athletic, Ellicott Square Building, Fairmont Creamery, Fire House Chemical No. 3, Fire House Engine No. 8, Graystone Hotel / Berkeley Apartments, Grimm Block, Harbor Inn, Hens & Kelly Department Store, Holy Angels Academy, Jansen Brothers Harness Shop, Kaleida Health Facility [on Main], L.L. Berger Dept. Store / The Belesario, Meldrum-Edwards Building / The Antonio, Neisner Bros., Our Lady of Lourdes Rectory and School, Pleu Building, Seneca Plumbing & Heating Supply, Vars Building, Weed Co. Wholesale Building, [Original] Y.M.C.A. / Y.W.C.A. Building,
You can also view this list at Ellicott's category page.
■ 911 West Delavan Avenue
■ 471 Delaware Avenue
■ 950 Fillmore Avenue
■ 451 East Utica Street
■ Welch Foods Building, Westfield
■ 2224 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2223 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2219 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2221 Fillmore Avenue
■ 146 Jewett Avenue
■ 155 Grote Street
■ Locust Street Art
■ Schenck House
■ 44 East Eagle Street
■ 531 West Ferry Street
■ 1820 Elmwood Avenue
■ 123 West Tupper Street
■ American Buffalo Robe Company / Marcon Erectors
■ Smither and Thurstone Building
■ 157 Philadelphia Street
■ 177 Herkimer Street
■ 289 Northland Avenue
■ 15 Auchinvole Avenue
■ 126 Hawley Street
■ 550 Grant Street
■ 40 Barry Place
■ 101 Amherst Street
■ 475 Grider Street
■ 486 Franklin Street
■ 29 Tillinghast Place
Added 2014-07-02 • Last changed 2016-05-12