Kremlin Hall


Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Photo credit: Library of Congress via WNY Heritage Press, Mark Paradowski


18 West Eagle Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
Was part of Kremlin Block, now part of a larger 350 Main Street parcel
SBL: 111.13-15-4.1
Ellicott Council District
Google Bird's Eye View
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer

Across from DS Morgan Building and 194 Pearl Street


VIOLET REALTY INC C/O MAIN PLACE LIBERTY GROUP per City of Buffalo Property Information
Search NYS Corporation Database for VIOLET REALTY

Physical Description

Four story brick building on a corner parcel

Current Condition

Demolished. The street and this whole block of W. Eagle Street, the "Kremlin Block," is now part of the Main Place Mall footprint now.


  • 1854-55, Dr. N.H. Loomis and Oliver Bugbee built the 4-story Kremlin Hall for stores, offices and a public hall
  • 1856 - Frederick Douglass and later William Lloyd Garrison spoke here
  • February 28, 1875 - Fire destroys upper floors, but building is repaired
  • At various points, renters included the YMCA, a shoe shine, DuBois Tavern, a tailor, and a Deco restuarant
  • 1963 - Erie County Savings Bank purchased the property as part of their Main Place Mall/Tower project
  • 1965 - Demolished
History courtesy WNY Heritage Press

Recent Events and Actions Taken

Other Pertinent Facts


Newest Pages

Added 2013-12-06 • Last changed 2014-06-04