500 Franklin Street
500 Franklin Street, Buffalo NY 14202
Fillmore Council District
In the Allentown local historic district.
SBL Number: 100.78-8-9
Erie County Property Info
Google Bird's Eye View
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Franklin 500 LLC - Matt Moscati of TRM Architecture.
One story cinderblock and two story brick commercial sections grafted onto an 1850s brick residential structure.
Front portion demolished, rear house remains.
- 1855-1858 - Brick house constructed by malt house owner Joseph D. Roberts
- 1860 - 2 1/2 story flat roof brick section likely added as part of one of Buffalo's oldest breweries, with a larger complex situated at corner of Allen and Franklin.
- 1950 - One story cinder-block storefront addition built for Ziegler Pharmaceutical Company
- Was at one time the offices of Artvoice.
- From Martin Wachadlo: "Commercial. c.1860. Brick. 2Ĺ-story flat roof, 3-bay. Gable roof removed from front section, intact on rear section. Storefront addition. c.1950. Concrete block. 1-story, flat roof."
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- Fire in front portion of building while occupied by Mundo Images
- 2011 - Acquired by Matt Moscati of TRM Architecture
- June 12, 2014 - Demolition requested
- October 2014 - 1950s storefront and 1860s 2 story building demolished. Older attached house remains.
- November 2014 - Buffalo Rising: Architect Matt Moscatiís (TRM Architect) Franklin 500 LLC is proposing a 15-unit apartment, three-story apartment building which will include 14 studio apartments ranging from 539 to 591 sf and one, two-level, two-bedroom apartment at the front of the building overlooking Franklin Street with 1,394 sf of space. A lobby and an entrance to the enclosed thirteen car parking area will occupy the ground floor along Franklin.
Other Pertinent Facts
- Buffalo Rising, October 2014 - 500 Franklin Leaves Opportunity in its Wake
- Buffalo Rising, November 2014 - 500 Franklin Shows Its Face
■ 238 Carlton Street
■ 334 Fillmore Avenue
■ 326 Fillmore Avenue
■ 69 Whitney Place
■ 925 Elmwood Avenue
■ Fitch Creche
■ Edmiston's Academy of Business
■ 911 West Delavan Avenue
■ 471 Delaware Avenue
■ 950 Fillmore Avenue
■ 451 East Utica Street
■ Welch Foods Building, Westfield
■ 2224 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2223 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2219 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2221 Fillmore Avenue
■ 146 Jewett Avenue
■ 155 Grote Street
■ Locust Street Art
■ Schenck House
■ 44 East Eagle Street
■ 531 West Ferry Street
■ 1820 Elmwood Avenue
■ 123 West Tupper Street
■ American Buffalo Robe Company / Marcon Erectors
■ Smither and Thurstone Building
■ 157 Philadelphia Street
■ 177 Herkimer Street
■ 289 Northland Avenue
■ 15 Auchinvole Avenue
Added 2014-07-03 • Last changed 2014-11-14