Knights of Columbus Building
498 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202
Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
Also known as 506 Delaware Avenue
506 DELAWARE AVE ASSOC,LLC C/O CRAIG P. SCARUPA per propertyviewer
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database
54,000 sq.ft. Second Empire style mansion and office/gym addition. Half of the Delaware Avenue facade is an addition to the original mansion. The 47,000 sq.ft. addition, which included an auditorium, swimming pool and a gym, were added in the early 1960's.
Renovated once as office space and again for apartments.
- 1870 - Built by industrialist Chillion M. Farrar
- 1916 - Purchased by the Knights of Columbus. They still occupy space in the building in 2013.
- Mid-1980s - Joseph Deck purchased the building and remodeled it into offices.
- The Private Industry Council of Buffalo and Erie County occupied the original building for several years.
- The rear addition had been occupied by the Downtown Athletic Club
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- March 2003 - Jim Jerge purchased and rehabbed the building, include facade work to expose previously painted brick.
- 2006 - Listed for sale for $1.3 million
- 2013 - Jerge is planning a $6 million conversion to put 25 apartments into unused space
Other Pertinent Facts
Located in the Allentown Historic Preservation District
- Buffalo Rising - For Sale: 506 Delaware Avenue
- Buffalo Rising - Podcast: The Legendary Gym Cellars At 506 Delaware
- Buffalo Rising - Twenty Five Apartments Planned at 506 Delaware Avenue
■ 398 Grant Street
■ Frontier House
■ John D. Smith Gas Fixtures
■ Victoria Theater
■ 347 Fargo Avenue
■ 1934 Elmwood Avenue
■ Pijan Roost Bar
■ Market Bar
■ Cheektowaga Town Hall
■ St. Stephen's Evangelical Lutheran Home / MusicMall
■ Forks Hotel
■ Young & Swartz Inc.
■ 31 Barker Street
■ 1432 Niagara Street
■ 253 Allen Street
■ Imperial Building
■ Seneca Babcock Community Center
■ 171 Brinkman Avenue
■ 153 Brinkman Avenue
■ 217 Brinkman Avenue
■ 197 Brinkman Avenue
■ 201 Brinkman Avenue
■ 205 Brinkman Avenue
■ 209 Brinkman Avenue
■ Fire House Engine No. 20 - E.M. Cotter Fire Boat
■ Corner Bar
■ Chez Ami Restaurant
■ Knapp Building
■ 334 Fillmore Avenue
■ 326 Fillmore Avenue
Added 2013-07-23 • Last changed 2014-03-13