Unitarian-Universalist Church of Buffalo


Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Unitarian-Universalist Church of Buffalo
Unitarian-Universalist Church of Buffalo
Unitarian-Universalist Church of Buffalo
Photo credit: Tom Yots


646 Ferry Street, Buffalo NY 14222
May also be known as 695 Elmwood Avenue
Delaware Council District
SBL Number: 100.30-1-44.1
Erie County Property Info
Google Bird's Eye View
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer


Unitarian-Universalist Church

Physical Description

Built of gray Indiana limestone in the English Gothic Style.

Current Condition

Good. In use by the Unitarian-Universalist congregation.


  • Built in 1904 on land donated by philanthropist and industrialist John J. Albright, it was designed in English Gothic style and is similar in size and style to churches found in the English countryside.
  • Designed by Edward A. Kent and his brother William W. Kent
  • In 1953 the Universalist and Unitarian churches combined to form the Unitarian Universalist Church of Buffalo.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • Added to the National Register of Historic Places, July 2015.

Other Pertinent Facts

  • It is blessed with a healthy congregation and will most likely be preserved without the input of the preservation community.


Newest Pages

Added 2013-03-27 • Last changed 2015-07-19