Concrete-Central Elevator


Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

1919, click for larger image

Concrete-Central Elevator
Photo by HAER, 1994

Click for larger file (2MB)
(:html:)⚠ <iframe src="!4v1538440455503!6m8!1m7!1scbhryAf9mrQQXUgzN-dmtg!2m2!1d42.85984097834153!2d-78.85887947113336!3f80.05886715473238!4f3.319705122591472!5f1.9587109090973311" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen>⚠ </iframe>(:htmlend:)

175 Buffalo River, Buffalo NY 14203


  • City of Buffalo.

Physical Description

  • Capacity: 4,500,000 bushels
  • Dimensions: 960 x 72
  • The largest grain elevator ever built in the Buffalo area, and the furthest upriver on the Buffalo River.
  • Not accessible by road; can be viewed from Catherine Street or from the river.

Current Condition

  • Abandoned. Being scrapped heavily.


  • Built by the Eastern Grain Mill and Elevator Company in three stages between 1915 and 1917.
  • Designed by H. R. Wait.
  • Used for grain transshipment until 1966.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

Other Pertinent Facts


Newest Pages

Added 2013-08-12 • Last changed 2020-05-12