Photo credit: Wikipedia and Mike Puma, Views of Buffalo, James Cavanaugh Photography
- 600 Doat Street Cheektowaga, NY
- 240 Pine Ridge Road Buffalo, NY 14225
- 240 Pine Ridge Heritage Boulevard Cheektowaga, NY 14225
FELICIAN SISTERS OF NORTH per Erie County propertyviewer
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database
A three-part Gothic Revival building facing Doat Street at the Buffalo/Cheektowaga border. Part of a larger 9.3 acre campus that includes Villa Maria College.
"The re-design work focused on providing new and livable spaces for an aging population of Sisters." - PBN Award Nomination
- 1901 - Catholic secondary school for young women begins in a small building at the corner of William and Kennedy
- 1918 - School marks its official beginning by receiving its Regents Charter from the State of New York.
- 1927 - Construction begins for the Felician Sisters of St. Francis to house a boarding and day high school, public and private chapels and the Motherhouse/Novitiate.
- 1929 - Students move to newly completed facility at the present Doat Street location
- 1960 - Villa Maria College was founded by Mother Mary Annette Guzowski and the Felician Sisters
- 1967 - The high school’s name is changed to Villa Maria Academy.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- June 2006 - The Academy closes its doors.
- 2005-2009 - Reconstruction by Trautman Associates
- July 2014 - Tour of campus by Explore Buffalo Tours.
Other Pertinent Facts
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.
- Wikipedia - Villa Maria Motherhouse & Academy
- Villa Maria Alumni Association - History
- Villa Maria College homepage
- Wikipedia - Villa Maria College
- Buffalo AH - Felician Sisters Immaculate Heart of Mary Convent Chapel and Convent
- Buffalo AH - 2009 PBN Awards: Felician Sisters of St. Francis Provincial House Reconstruction
■ Chez Ami Restuarant
■ Knapp Building
■ 334 Fillmore Avenue
■ 326 Fillmore Avenue
■ 69 Whitney Place
■ 925 Elmwood Avenue
■ Fitch Creche
■ Edmiston's Academy of Business
■ 911 West Delavan Avenue
■ 471 Delaware Avenue
■ 950 Fillmore Avenue
■ 451 East Utica Street
■ Welch Foods Building, Westfield
■ 2224 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2223 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2219 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2221 Fillmore Avenue
■ 146 Jewett Avenue
■ 155 Grote Street
■ Locust Street Art
■ Schenck House
■ 44 East Eagle Street
■ 531 West Ferry Street
■ 1820 Elmwood Avenue
■ 123 West Tupper Street
■ American Buffalo Robe Company / Marcon Erectors
■ Smither and Thurstone Building
■ 157 Philadelphia Street
■ 177 Herkimer Street
■ 289 Northland Avenue
Added 2013-06-06 • Last changed 2015-12-02