Lake & Rail Elevator


Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Lake & Rail Elevator

Click for larger image

1920s drawing by Erich Mendelssohn
Photo credit: HAER
(:html:)⚠ <iframe src="!4v1538421120782!6m8!1m7!1s0VjeeE2j8Y4qBZ4tdKDBgQ!2m2!1d42.86346111408907!2d-78.85832949953671!3f255.2989751547645!4f3.8929727005913293!5f1.9587109090973311" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen>⚠ </iframe>(:htmlend:)

120 Childs Street, Buffalo NY 14203


  • Buffalo Lake & Rail LLC

Physical Description

  • Capacity: 4.4 million bushels.

Current Condition

  • In use for grain storage.


  • From HAER NY-251: Construction of the elevator, the flour mill, grain storage, and warehouse proceeded from 1926 to 1930. International Milling established permits for the mill in December, 1926, and for phases of the elevator expansion in 1927, 1928, 1929 and 1930. The elevator sections included the 1926-1927 1.6-million-bushel facility to which was added a 650,000 bushel "B" tank annex in 1928, a 1 million bushel section in 1929, and a 1,150,000 bushel annex in 1930.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

Other Pertinent Facts


Newest Pages

Added 2018-09-15 • Last changed 2021-12-16