Warning: Undefined array key "title" in /home/public/pub/skins/monobook/monobook.php on line 98

Schenck House


Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Schenck House
Schenck House, 2016
Schenck House
Schenck House
Schenck House
Outbuilding, 2016
Schenck House
Outbuilding, 2016
Schenck House
Outbuilding, 2016
Photo credit: Chuck LaChiusa at BuffaloAH
(:html:)⚠ <iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d1502.6364296068389!2d-78.81058728735682!3d42.95695109130134!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x89d372e973e09d3f%3A0xde7e1d6d2e54ff6f!2s3451+Bailey+Ave%2C+Buffalo%2C+NY+14215!5e1!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1537199859882" width="400" height="380" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen>⚠ </iframe>(:htmlend:)

3451 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo NY 14214


  • Erie County

Physical Description

  • ca. 1822 or 1823 farmhouse built of Onondaga limestone.
  • One red brick outbuilding and another outbuilding remain of the original six farm buildings.

Current Condition

  • Vacant.


  • Built by early pioneer and farmer Michael Schenck and his son Samuel Schenck.

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • Jessie Fisher of PBN reports in September 2017 that applications for both local historic landmark and National Register status should be filed soon.
  • Jessie Fisher, 9/3/2017: "We are also working with the county on the maintenance issues, hoping to have a partnership in place in the next few months. They've been great to work with so far."

Other Pertinent Facts

  • The Schenck House was declared a local historic landmark in 2018.


Newest Pages

Added 2017-09-03 • Last changed 2020-12-22