Photo credit: Mike Puma ViewsOfBuffalo, Mark Paradowski
383 Franklin Street Buffalo NY 14202
Now part of the part of 369 Franklin Street parcel
Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
CYCLORAMA ASSOCIATES per propertyviewer
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database
The building was constructed of stone, brick, and iron. It had a basement and a large tower. The interior architectural design was Italian renaissance. It was partially lit through tinted cathedral glass.
Demolished in 1974. Currently a surface parking lot behind the Cyclorama building.
Built in 1871, designed by architect Richard A. Waite. Seth Grosvenor donated $40,000 for a library; three-fourths of which was invested and the interest was devoted to the purchase of new books.
Renowned private reference library established in 1870; merged much later with the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, whose special collections division is known as the Grosvenor Room. At one point, the library occupied the Cyclorama Building. Original library building was demolished 1974.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
Other Pertinent Facts
Added 2013-01-09 • Last changed 2014-05-29