Savoy / Roxy Theatre
|At Risk||High Risk|
MERRIWEATHER FRANK E & ONE per propertyviewer
A 1,500 seat theater with decorative White Italian marble
- Former site of the the Penny Arcade, which had been run by Joseph C. Schuchert (later founded film-distribution trust General Film Company).
- 1909 - The Co-Operative Amusement Company spent between $50,000 and $65,000 to have this "fireproof" movie theatre built.
- Designed by Henry L. Spann.
- 1927 - The management purchased a Link organ to accompany silent movies
- The Savoy was later renamed the Roxie, and later still the Roxy.
- Early 1990s - Possibly as result of a fire in the late '80s, much of the side brickwork was replaced with cinder blocks.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
Other Pertinent Facts
Added 2013-03-27 • Last changed 2014-10-16