647 Lafayette Avenue
647 Lafayette Avenue, Buffalo NY 14222
- Lat, Long: 42.92008, -78.87429
- SBL Number: 100.22-1-59
- Erie County Property Info
- Google Map
- Bing Bird's Eye View
- Delaware Council District
- Brian and Gia Manley
- 2.5 story wood frame house
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- January 2016 - Brian and Gia Manley purchased the house.
- 2016 - Owners have stated their intention to demolish the building and build a new home on the site. Realty photos show the home to be in good condition, despite owners' claims.
- August 2016 - Salvage of interior materials underway.
- August 2016 - Owners have applied for a demolition permit and architect John Wingfelder will appear at the Preservation Board hearing.
- September 1, 2016 - Preservation Board votes against demolition of the building, but their ruling is only an advisory action.
- September 12, 2016 - Architect Wingfelder presented his plans for the new-build to the Planning Board.
- October 5, 2016 - Demolition staging equipment is on site.
- October 7, 2016 - DEMOLISHED.
- 2017 - New-build going up.
Other Pertinent Facts
- This building is a contributing structure to the Elmwood East historic district. Under current rules, this is not enough to enable a demolition to be blocked. Only a specific local landmark designation for the building or the creation of a local historic preservation district can do that.
- The demolition was done by Regional Environmental Demolition.
- Interior salvage of reusable building parts was done by ReUse Action.
- Buffalo Rising, 9-7-2016 - At Risk: 647 Lafayette
- Buffalo News, 9-12-2016 - Plan to demolish, rebuild Elmwood Village home runs into firestorm of opposition
■ 398 Grant Street
■ Frontier House
■ John D. Smith Gas Fixtures
■ Victoria Theater
■ 347 Fargo Avenue
■ 1934 Elmwood Avenue
■ Pijan Roost Bar
■ Market Bar
■ Cheektowaga Town Hall
■ St. Stephen's Evangelical Lutheran Home / MusicMall
■ Forks Hotel
■ Young & Swartz Inc.
■ 31 Barker Street
■ 1432 Niagara Street
■ 253 Allen Street
■ Imperial Building
■ Seneca Babcock Community Center
■ 171 Brinkman Avenue
■ 153 Brinkman Avenue
■ 217 Brinkman Avenue
■ 197 Brinkman Avenue
■ 201 Brinkman Avenue
■ 205 Brinkman Avenue
■ 209 Brinkman Avenue
■ Fire House Engine No. 20 - E.M. Cotter Fire Boat
■ Corner Bar
■ Chez Ami Restaurant
■ Knapp Building
■ 334 Fillmore Avenue
■ 326 Fillmore Avenue
Added 2016-08-30 • Last changed 2017-05-01