M. Wile and Company Building
Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC)
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database
Four story reinforced concrete factory building with curtain walls of metal sash windows built in the Daylight Factory style.
Restored. Occupied by the Buffalo Employment and Training Center, and the UB Regional Institute
The building is a historic garment factory designed by Esenwein and Johnson and constructed in 1924. It is an early and significant example of the "Daylight Factory."
It was home to M. Wile & Company until 1999; a major manufacturer of men's suits founded by Mayer Wile in Buffalo in 1877.
In 1969, the company became a subsidiary of Hartmarx.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- 2007 - Plans for redevelopment announced as part of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- 2009 - UB Regional Institute Moves Into the M. Wile Building
Other Pertinent Facts
- It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000
- Wikipedia - M. Wile Company Factory Building
- Buffalo Rising - New Owner For Trico and M. Wile Buildings
- Buffalo Rising - Trico and M.Wile Properties For Sale
- Workforce Buffalo homepage
- Buffalo Rising - UB Regional Institute Moves Into M. Wile
Added 2013-01-23 • Last changed 2015-06-30