980 Northampton Street
|At Risk||Watch List|
980 Northampton Street
Photo credit: PRS
980 Northampton Street, Buffalo NY 14211
- Parcel designation is 974 Northampton. The property has long been referred to as 980 Northampton.
- Across Fougeron Street from the Milk-Bone Plant.
- Half a block west of The Belt Line.
- Lat, Long: 42.90761, -78.83051
- SBL Number: 101.54-1-2.1
- Erie County Property Info
- Google Map
- Bing Bird's Eye View
- Fillmore Council District
- 980 Northampton Street LLC / Bill Breeser
- Three story, 42,000 sf "daylight factory" building.
- Fireproof construction, with poured concrete floors, mushroom pillars and three fire stairs at the building's corners.
- Original windows are lost, replaced by glass block and metal panels.
- Occupied and in use.
- Built 1922 by The Schaaf Company, Builder.
- First used as Val Duttenhofer Shoe Company. Also used by Duffy Silk.
- Long-time use as the headquarters of Cathedral Envelope Corporation, a printing company that started out by printing collection envelopes for Catholic Churches.
- The building is currently known as "The Guild @980" and houses ReUse Action, a dealer in reclaimed building materials, as well as a subdivided third floor rented to small businesses, artists and craftpersons.
- Part of the City's 2013 "Preservation Ready" survey (24MB PDF), as part of the Fougeron Center along the Belt Line. Potentially eligible for historic preservation tax credits as a contributing structure to a possible Fougeron/Belt Line historic district.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
Other Pertinent Facts
■ 238 Carlton Street
■ 334 Fillmore Avenue
■ 326 Fillmore Avenue
■ 69 Whitney Place
■ 925 Elmwood Avenue
■ Fitch Creche
■ Edmiston's Academy of Business
■ 911 West Delavan Avenue
■ 471 Delaware Avenue
■ 950 Fillmore Avenue
■ 451 East Utica Street
■ Welch Foods Building, Westfield
■ 2224 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2223 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2219 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2221 Fillmore Avenue
■ 146 Jewett Avenue
■ 155 Grote Street
■ Locust Street Art
■ Schenck House
■ 44 East Eagle Street
■ 531 West Ferry Street
■ 1820 Elmwood Avenue
■ 123 West Tupper Street
■ American Buffalo Robe Company / Marcon Erectors
■ Smither and Thurstone Building
■ 157 Philadelphia Street
■ 177 Herkimer Street
■ 289 Northland Avenue
■ 15 Auchinvole Avenue
Added 2016-01-06 • Last changed 2017-03-23