|Lost||At Risk||Watch List|
981 Broadway, Buffalo, NY 14212
Also known as 999 Broadway
Fillmore Council District
Google Bird's Eye View
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
City of Buffalo, Broadway Market per City of Buffalo Property Information
Two story concrete structure with 90,000 sq.ft. of indoor retail space and a 1,000 car parking garage, located on a corner parcel bordered by Broadway, Lombard, and Gibson Streets.
Open daily and in use by many vendors, although significantly less than its peak usage except during the holidays. Exterior could use a re-fresh.
- 1888 - Started by a group of citizens on a city donated parcel.
- 1894 - The market is housed in its first permanent structure.
- Around 1900 - The first market structure burned down at the turn of the century.
- It was replaced by a building twice as large as the original market.
- 1954-1956 - The current structure was built at a cost of between $1.6 and $2 million.
- 1963 - Buffalo Common Council rejects a bid of two and a half million dollars for the market.
- Mid 1980's - The City undertook a multi-million dollar renovation of the building to improve lighting and access.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
Other Pertinent Facts
- The Market is open year round 8am-5pm Monday-Saturday
- Broadway Market homepage
- Forgotten Buffalo - Broadway Market 999 Broadway
- BuffaloAH.com - Broadway Market Postcards
■ 238 Carlton Street
■ 334 Fillmore Avenue
■ 326 Fillmore Avenue
■ 69 Whitney Place
■ 925 Elmwood Avenue
■ Fitch Creche
■ Edmiston's Academy of Business
■ 911 West Delavan Avenue
■ 471 Delaware Avenue
■ 950 Fillmore Avenue
■ 451 East Utica Street
■ Welch Foods Building, Westfield
■ 2224 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2223 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2219 Fillmore Avenue
■ 2221 Fillmore Avenue
■ 146 Jewett Avenue
■ 155 Grote Street
■ Locust Street Art
■ Schenck House
■ 44 East Eagle Street
■ 531 West Ferry Street
■ 1820 Elmwood Avenue
■ 123 West Tupper Street
■ American Buffalo Robe Company / Marcon Erectors
■ Smither and Thurstone Building
■ 157 Philadelphia Street
■ 177 Herkimer Street
■ 289 Northland Avenue
■ 15 Auchinvole Avenue
Added 2013-12-16 • Last changed 2015-11-24