Share This Page On Social Media

Comments? Corrections? Send us a message about this building

Nominate A Building


The Oakwood

  Saved  



http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7257/7828671412_7b9b07ce21.jpg Photo credit: Mike Puma, ViewsOfBuffalo

Location

2305 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214
Google Bird's Eye View
Masten Council District
SBL: 89.51-5-43
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer

Owner

BURGIO PAUL A & LYNN L per propertyviewer

Physical Description

Two story commercial building with first floor storefronts and four upstairs apartments

Current Condition

Restored

History

  • Built in 1923.
  • Used as a car dealership during the 1950's when "Saul's Studebaker" occupied the building.
  • Used by "Bilsco Imports" during the 1960s and 1970s.
  • Burgio's TV opens their location in the building in 1981
  • Burgio's TV purchases the building in 1991
courtesy Mike Puma, Views of Buffalo

Recent Events and Actions Taken

  • 2010 - Restoration using Parkside Community Association (PCA) grant money from the Main Street grant program. The state Main Street Grant Program is used to encourage rehab of mixed-use residential and commercial districts. The grant covers 75% of the cost and the building owner covers the remaining 25%.
courtesy Mike Puma, Views of Buffalo

Other Pertinent Facts

Links



Newest Pages


Added 2013-06-25 • Last changed 2013-06-25