Byers Building / Saturn Rings Building
|At Risk||Watch List|
RHINO ROOM INC. per propertyviewer
Search NYS Corporation Database for RHINO ROOM
Six story brick commercial building
Appears to be in good condition but needs first floor facade restoration. Missing detailed cornice.
- 1921 - Constructed for James Byers & Sons, a local film exchange
- Metro-Goldwyn Distributing Corporation
- Later used by Saturn Jewelry company
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- 2000 - Sold for $200,000
- 2012 - Had a sign, from Waterborne Real Estate, about offices for lease which has since been removed
- March 2014 - Plans released for a mixed-use 3.4 to $6.5 million redevelopment, potentially anchored by as many as 30 apartments and first floor commercial space
- June 2014: Via Buffalo Business First: Mark Croce has submitted a bid package to the Building Reuse Project "for his proposed redevelopment of the 505 Pearl Street building. Croce wants to bring a mix of residential and commercial tenants to the century-old building."
Other Pertinent Facts
- Buffalo Business First, June 2014: BUDC to review downtown redevelopment funding requests"
- Buffalo Business First March 2014 - Genesee, Pearl rehabs on planning agenda
- Buffalo Rising March 2014 - Apartments and Commercial Space to Fill 505 Pearl Street
Added 2013-08-28 • Last changed 2015-06-15