199 Scott Street Buffalo, NY 14204
Google Bird's Eye View
Fillmore Council District
Erie County Property Info
County Tax Map (loads GIS page)
City of Buffalo Parcel Viewer
5277 GROUP LLC per propertyviewer
Ellicott Development, Carl Paladino, has owned the property since 2001.
NYS Corporation and Business Entity Database.
Carl and William Paladino's company, Ellicott Development, or corporations it controls: (Ellicott Group LLC, Pearl Group LLC, Huron Group Inc, Tupper Group Inc, Deltup LLC, Del-Al LLC, 84 Group, 1238 Group, 1239 Group, 4858 Group, 5277 Group, 9274 Group, etc.), owns these buildings or parcels of preservation concern (not a complete list):
Saint Paul Mall, 61 Edna Place, Crosby Building, 514 South Park Avenue, 1050 Niagara Street, 1076 Genesee Street, 1173 East Lovejoy Street, 1175 East Lovejoy Street, 1179 East Lovejoy Street, 172 Franklin Street, 176 Franklin Street, 189 Saint James Place, 206 Ontario Street, Deck Bros. Building, 262 Ohio Street, Karle Saw Co., 809 Tonawanda Street, 85 East Market Street, 905 Elmwood Avenue, Bakerís Shoes Building, The Bellesara / Allentown Athletic, E&B Holmes Machinery / The Cooperage, Edmiston's Academy of Business, Ellicott Square Building, Fairmont Creamery, Fire House Chemical No. 3, Fire House Engine No. 8, Graystone Hotel / Berkeley Apartments, Grimm Block, Harbor Inn, Hens & Kelly Department Store, Holy Angels Academy, Jansen Brothers Harness Shop, Kaleida Health Facility [on Main], L.L. Berger Dept. Store / The Belesario, Meldrum-Edwards Building / The Antonio, Neisner Bros., Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Our Lady of Lourdes Rectory and School, Pleu Building, Seneca Plumbing & Heating Supply, Vars Building, Weed Co. Wholesale Building, [Original] Y.M.C.A. / Y.W.C.A. Building,
You can also view this list at Ellicott's category page.
120,000 sq.ft. eight story building
- 2014 - Renovation work nears completion. Of note, large banks of windows were added to previously blank walls. Of concern is an upper corner of brick removed for mismatching facade and window treatment.
- Former cold storage facility built in 1920 for the Fairmont Cremery Co..
- Also formerly used by Rich Products until they vacated the structure in the '90s.
Recent Events and Actions Taken
- mid 1990s - Start of vacancy that lasted until 2014
- 1996 - A fire damaged upper floors of the structure
- 2001 - Purchased by Carl Paladino, Ellicott Development
- 2007 - Gutted for future redevelopment. It has been a controversial location due to its use as Paladino's ranting billboard seen from the thruway, and because it was left open to the elements for years.
- 2009 - "We have plans for offices, apartments and potentially hotel rooms in the building," says Paladino. "It's been on hold since work on the casino stopped." Buffalo Rising
- 2013 - "AP Architects call for a restaurant, banquet room and offices for the building's lower floors topped by 20 market rate apartments...Work on the building is expected in late June."Buffalo Rising
- Sept 2013 - Work begins on a $14.6 million mixed-use renovation project, including a new roof, windows and interior
- August 2014 - The controversial ranting billboard was removed, with plans to add additional windows on the side it previously covered.
Other Pertinent Facts
- "Coffee Rich", a painting by Dr. V. Roger Lalli of this building, with an interesting narrative by David M. Rote.
- Buffalo Rising, September 2007 - Midrise Living Coming to Cobblestone?
- Buffalo Rising, March 2011 - Ellicott Development Outlines Plans
- Buffalo Rising, May 2013 - Ellicott Proposes Fairmont Creamery Makeover
- Buffalo Rising, September 2013 - Construction Watch: 199 Scott Street
- Buffalo Rising, January 2014 - Construction Watch: 199 Scott Street Gets Windowed
- Buffalo Rising, May 2014 - Fairmont Transformed
- Buffalo Rising, August 2014 - Construction Watch: 199 Scott Street
■ 1934 Elmwood Avenue
■ Pijan Roost Bar
■ Market Bar
■ Cheektowaga Town Hall
■ St. Stephen's Evangelical Lutheran Home / MusicMall
■ Forks Hotel / Forks Hose Company #2
■ Young & Swartz Inc.
■ 31 Barker Street
■ 1432 Niagara Street
■ 253 Allen Street
■ Imperial Building
■ Seneca Babcock Community Center
■ 171 Brinkman Avenue
■ 153 Brinkman Avenue
■ 217 Brinkman Avenue
■ 197 Brinkman Avenue
■ 201 Brinkman Avenue
■ 205 Brinkman Avenue
■ 209 Brinkman Avenue
■ Fire House Engine No. 20 - E.M. Cotter Fire Boat
■ Corner Bar
■ Chez Ami Restuarant
■ Knapp Building
■ 334 Fillmore Avenue
■ 326 Fillmore Avenue
■ 69 Whitney Place
■ 925 Elmwood Avenue
■ Fitch Creche
■ Edmiston's Academy of Business
■ 911 West Delavan Avenue
■ 1934 Elmwood Avenue ■ Pijan Roost Bar ■ Market Bar ■ Cheektowaga Town Hall ■ St. Stephen's Evangelical Lutheran Home / MusicMall ■ Forks Hotel / Forks Hose Company #2 ■ Young & Swartz Inc. ■ 31 Barker Street ■ 1432 Niagara Street ■ 253 Allen Street ■ Imperial Building ■ Seneca Babcock Community Center ■ 171 Brinkman Avenue ■ 153 Brinkman Avenue ■ 217 Brinkman Avenue ■ 197 Brinkman Avenue ■ 201 Brinkman Avenue ■ 205 Brinkman Avenue ■ 209 Brinkman Avenue ■ Fire House Engine No. 20 - E.M. Cotter Fire Boat ■ Corner Bar ■ Chez Ami Restuarant ■ Knapp Building ■ 334 Fillmore Avenue ■ 326 Fillmore Avenue ■ 69 Whitney Place ■ 925 Elmwood Avenue ■ Fitch Creche ■ Edmiston's Academy of Business ■ 911 West Delavan Avenue
Added 2013-10-07 • Last changed 2016-10-26